Though it’s never fun to report USPTO fee increases, what else can we expect from a year like this?
Starting on January 2, 2021, government fees for new trademark filings and various other prices rise. (Details below.)
TMF will expedite new filings in order to take advantage of the last few weeks of lower fees. (We’ve also updated the TMF website to summarize our own pricing structure.)
Here are SOME of the main USPTO changes:
- Standard (TEAS-PLUS) trademark application filing fees increase from $225 to $250 per class
- Custom (TEAS) trademark application filing fees increase from $275 to $350 per class
- First renewal (fifth year) fees increase from $125 to $225 per class
- Cancellation/opposition fees increase from $400 to $600 per class
- Letters of Protest are no longer free, but $50 per letter
- Special petition fees increase from $100 to $250
Email email@example.com so we can put together a custom quote to protect your brands and get started on searches (including words, slogans, and logos) in time to file BEFORE the changes go into effect.
Have a safe and healthy December!